Bicycle Gallery General Manager
Who We Are:
Bicycle Gallery is an independent bicycle shop dedicated to helping people fall in love with riding their bikes. We were founded on the idea of building a strong cycling community and providing excellent customer service. We have been in downtown Jacksonville, NC since 2011. Jacksonville is located in eastern North Carolina on the New River and only 30 min from 2 different beaches. The county also just built a new mtb trail system currently at just over 6 mi, with another 5-6 miles coming this fall. Jacksonville is also only an hour from Wilmington and 2 hrs from Raleigh. We typically have a staff of 3-4 full-time employees and 1-2 part-time employees. We are currently seeking an experienced general manager who is excited about bicycles to take over day-to-day operations.
General Manager Duties
The General Manager must be willing to be involved in all roles at the Bicycle Gallery. Strong leadership and team building skills are absolutely critical to this role. With a small team, it is imperative to have everyone playing to their strengths; strong candidates will be able to identify these strengths and delegate effectively to maximize output of the team. With customer service being our top priority, the general manager is ultimately responsible for maintaining the quality of service for the store. Ability to work in a fast paced and energy filled environment, with a positive, team focused attitude is paramount.
- Lead by example
- Maintaining adequate staffing via hiring, scheduling, and firing of hourly employees
- Perform quarterly reviews of employees and maintain growth/improvement goals
- Ensure staff is properly trained on new product, technology, etc.
- Oversee customer interactions with employees to maintain quality of service
- Submit reports to owners (sales tax, employee time cards, sales numbers, etc)
- Submit prebook orders for major vendors (bicycles, apparel, etc)
- Stay abreast of new technology and products in the industry
- Analyze risk for new bike and equipment models with respect to the local market.
- Create a marketing plan and assure adequate community involvement and events
- Ensure store aesthetic and cleanliness is maintained and that merchandising best practices are followed
- Ensure physical inventory stays accurate via transaction audits and physical counts
- Assign regular tasks to employees and oversee quality
Key Skills Required
- Should meet one of the following experience requirements:
- 5+ years retail management experience in another industry
- 2+ years previous experience in management at a bicycle shop
- 5+ years of experience working in a bicycle shop
- Advanced knowledge of the cycling community.
- Ability to learn new product, procedure, and techniques rapidly.
- Ability to create meaningful customer relationships
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers & employees
Salary: $45k – $55k base pay + performance bonuses