Bicycle Gallery Sales Associate
Who We Are:
The Bicycle Gallery is an independent bicycle shop dedicated to helping people fall in love with riding their bikes. We were founded on the idea of building a strong cycling community and providing excellent customer service. We are looking for someone to join our team who is equally motivated and excited about bicycles. We can offer a full-time position, training, and ways to develop new skills here at the Gallery. We have been in downtown Jacksonville, NC since 2011. Come join our team!
Sales Associate Duties
The Sales Associate must be willing to be involved in all roles at the Bicycle Gallery. We look to the associate to fully and confidently evaluate all our customers’ needs and qualify sales appropriately. With customer service being our top priority, the associate must provide exemplary skills in both product knowledge and relationship building. Ability to work in a fast paced and energy filled environment, with a positive, team focused attitude is paramount.
- Punctually beginning your shift and ending your shift only after the shop floor is presentable and ready for the following day.
- Demonstrate ability to genuinely interact with customers to show passion, knowledge, dedication, and commitment in their sport or activity
- Promote cycling as a sport and inform customers of ways to be engaged in the community
- Maintaining excellent standards of presentation and cleanliness throughout the store.
- Being familiar with or able to learn current and relevant POS.
- Dealing with customer complaints in a professional manner and resolve where possible without escalation or refer to a more experienced member of staff at the earliest opportunity.
- Connecting with dealers to ensure all orders are up to date
- Receiving, pricing, and labeling new product as it comes into the store.
- Maintaining the special order roster by placing orders, calling customers when product has arrived, and communicating with other staff on the status of the product.
- Previous Experience with/or willingness to learn new POS
- Knowledge, experience, or and interest in the cycling industry. (Preferable but not required).
Key Skills Required
- Previous retail sales experience.
- Knowledge or interest in the cycling industry.
- Ability to learn new product, procedure, and techniques rapidly.
- Ability to create meaningful customer relationships
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers & coworkers
Bike shop experience is preferred (not required), but a passion for bicycles is mandatory.
Pay rate: $15-$18/hr starting pay based on experience