Bicycle Gallery, one of America’s Best Bike Shops, located in beautiful coastal NC, is looking for a pro level mechanic that can do it all. This is a year-round position with year-round riding. We want the best and are willing to pay the best. [[We are the only Specialized S-Works Elite store etc etc]]]]Professionalism, organization, and [[[skills]]] (what skills?) must all be top notch. [[We continue to grow and are looking for someone to grow with us etc etc]]] Learn more about the position below:
Your primary responsibility is keeping the workshop running smoothly at all times, and its role servicing the store. Maintaining high standards of repair; servicing and helping to maintain the tidiness of the workshop throughout the working day. The workshop team is responsible for building all shop floor bikes and completing all repairs to a high standard. You will report directly to the Store Manager.
-Responsible for completing service, repair and bike builds to a high standard.
-Perform thorough estimates on bikes coming in for repair and/or upgrades
-Maintain the service board with proper scheduling and workflow
-Alert [[Proactively contact?]] customers when their bikes are due for recommended services
-Maintain promised target completion dates and time
-Maintain the cleanliness and professionalism of the service department
-Maintain organization and location of shop tools at all times
-You are responsible for the quality control of all bikes you work on and it is your duty to ensure that they have been correctly assembled and set-up.
-You must be at the store and ready to start work at the specified time (dependent on shift pattern [[[ work schedule]]).
-Your duties will also include helping to maintain and replenish your consumable stock within the workshop.
-To update and maintain records [[ customer records? ]] and track any ordered parts and warranty claims that you have dealt with.
-You are expected to complete allocated mechanical work within target times set below:
- Snapshot Service = 30 mins
- Portrait Service = 1hr
- Masterpiece Service = 3 Hrs
- New Bike Build: Kids/City = 30 min Basic Mtn/Road = 1 hour Carbon Rd/Tri/Mtn = 2 hrs
- Free of Charge = 15 mins
-Workshop targets will be set by your Store Manager.
-Your working day does not end until all customers repairs and/or new bikes for that day have been completed. [[[
-At the end of the day, the workshop must be cleaned, with all tools put away, and ready for the next workday.
Staff Training and Motivation
In order to aid your performance and development, you are required to attend all training sessions that have been planned for you. [[[ provide some examples?]]]
Identify new technologies and work alongside your Manager and colleagues to further your technical knowledge and core skill set.
- Achieve good customer relations by having a helpful and friendly attitude.
- When necessary, deal with customer complaints in a professional manner, where the issue can be dealt with quickly and easily.
- You should have a clear, polite and helpful telephone manner when dealing with customers.
- With an estimate (before starting jobs) if they were not given one before leaving their bike.
- With an update if more work or parts are required.
- When there are delays completing repairs or builds.
- When jobs are completed and ready for collection
Contacting customers is a key part of the role. Customers should be contacted:
Stock and Storage
- You are required to monitor all parts and stock that come into the workshop and ensure that any unused stock is put back into its correct storage area with the necessary PoS tags by the end of each day.
- PoS pricing should be used at all times where appropriate.
- Maintain and follow correct store procedures for storing bikes prior to and post repair, ensuring no damage will occur to the frame or bike components.
- When using stock this should be recorded appropriately.
All new bikes and repairs must be completed to the correct specification and safe to ride.
All new bikes must have the relevant manufacturers manuals put away in the proper place.
Torque wrenches should be used on all work on carbon frames or parts to ensure safety and quality control.
Any parts ordered externally must have the correct forms completed and a record kept.
Music and conversation should be family friendly and kept to a reasonable level.
You are obliged to follow in store procedures at all times.
Health & Safety
- Health and Safety procedures are in place for the protection of you, your colleagues, and customers. They must be adhered to at all times.
- It is important that you use specified Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for designated tasks and follow these procedures for your own safety and that of your colleagues and customers.
- Eye protection, aprons, gloves must be worn when using harsh chemicals or when deemed necessary.
- Sandals / flip flops are not to be worn in workshops.
- It is your responsibility to wash your own work apron.
- Torque wrenches must be used where specified.
- First aid equipment must be maintained and re-filled.
- Fire extinguishers should not be moved from designated area(s).
In order to maintain the smooth running of the store at all times, a degree of flexibility is required in the role. As a mechanic you may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. [[provide an example?]]
The following skills must be above proficient for this position:
- Shimano Di2 setup, adjustment, troubleshooting, and programming
- Shimano Avid hydraulic brake bleeding (Formula Magura a plus)
- Rockshox and Fox rear shock air can service
- Rockshox and Fox Fork services (both standard lower and complete overhaul)
- BB30/PF30/OSBB Troubleshooting and overhauling
- Wheel tensioning and truing
- Compatibility of drivetrain parts
Please send a detailed resume with 3 references to email@example.com